Family videos are beautiful slideshows set to music with motion, graphics and memories.
- Rehearsal Dinners
- Any Special Occasion
What You Need To Know:
Videos are usually between 5 and 20 minutes long, but can be any length you choose.
Ideally we need three weeks to produce a high‐quality, personalized video, but can work with your timetable. Memorial videos are often produced on short notice to be ready for a service.
We recommend 13 pictures per minute, running 4 seconds each. Of course, pictures can go faster or slower, if you so desire.
You can use actual pictures of any size and we will scan them into the computer, or you can supply us with scanned or digital images on a flash drive or CD. If you scan them yourself, use a setting of 600 dpi. Pictures may be emailed, but they need to be in a file size about 1000 px wide or 1 mg. JPGs are preferred.
You can choose the music or we can download specific music from iTunes if the video will be for personal use only. We also have a library of royalty-free production music and hundreds of popular songs from various decades.
We add graphic titles and some special eﬀects to your video as appropriate and will match graphics to your printed invitation or program.
We can also add video snippets, actual interviews or narration and some animation.
- 1. Gather the pictures. Segment your video into sections to make selections easier.
Birthday/Anniversaries/Memorials: birth through elementary school, high school, college, career, family, children, friends. You can add special pets, travel or hobbies, too.
Rehearsal Dinner: be sure to have roughly equal numbers for bride and groom. Birth through elementary school, high school, college, couple. Engagement pictures make a very meaningful ending to the show. You can mix friends and family into the sections or add special sections for those. Plus pets, hobbies, travel, or jobs, anything they have in common. If they went to the same college, we can often obtain the crest and fight song for the school to use in the video.
2. Put the pictures in order that you want them shown, then place them in zip-lock bags and label by section, writing which music goes with that part. This can be on a 3 x 5 card or note paper at the front of the stack of pictures inside.
Pictures already digitized should be put in order on a CD or flash drive by labeling them 001, 002…010, 011…etc. If you need to insert a picture after these have been labeled, you can do so by adding a, b, c to the number preceding. (i.e. 005, 005a, 005b) Put the files on the flash drive in folders labeled by sections.
3. Choose the music. You may want one piece of music for each section or you may just want to choose a few pieces to run start to finish through the entire piece. The music can be from the era shown in the pictures or favorites of the subject or favorites of yours!
Bring the music to us on CDs, iPods, phones, email in any format and we will convert it. If you provide us with a list we will purchase the music (if we don’t already have it) from iTunes and convert it for you. If you have the music digitally (MP3), then you can put it on a flash drive either in a folder labeled music or with the pictures in a specific section.
4. Decide on titles. Write down what you want for the title: significant dates (births, engagements, weddings, graduations, babies’ births, deaths, locations, etc.) Be sure to include the honoree(s) names with correct spelling.
5. Graphic theme. If you have a specific invitation, program, picture, color scheme, etc. that you would like to use, please have that available. DMC has an extensive graphics library to enhance your video presentation and make it more personal.
6. Call Dallas Media Center, 214‐349‐2349, to set up a time to bring your materials and meet with our video creator. Please allow at least three weeks to build and preview your video.
7. Preview: You will be able to preview your video before the event and make any changes needed. Additional previews and changes may be made according to your time frame and budget.
8. Delivery: You will receive a master DVD or other format for showing at your event. Additional copies of your DVD are available, printed with a custom label, in jewelcases.
- The video –$45 per finished minute and includes scanning of the photos and music
- Graphics, production music, titles are included
- Putting all pictures on a CD $10
- Copies of the picture CD $5 each
- Additional copies of the DVD $7 each
Video, animation, other special additions are priced on an individual basis.
A 50% deposit is required when the materials are submitted. The remainder is due when the DVDs are delivered. We accept cash, checks and all major credit cards.
Please call Cindy at 214‐349‐2349 for more information.
Download the Instructions for Family Video PDF now.