Things in the tech world move amazingly quickly. Remember mini disc cameras? So if you have old media that you aren’t sure of, call us or bring it by and we’ll give you the options.
And remember, we can convert to CDs or DVDs, but we recommend digital formats like MP4, MOV, MP3, etc. And we can use one of our flash drives or hard drives or you can bring in your own.
We also post files to Dropbox, WeTransfer, YouTube or Vimeo.
Ordinary formats we convert:
- Video: VHS, VHS-C, 8mm (Hi-8) Video, Mini DV, Beta SP
- Film: 8mm or Super 8mm, 16mm (sorry, no sound)
- Audio: 45s, LPs, cassettes, reel-to-reel, microcassettes
- Photos: Prints, slides and negatives
Obscure formats we convert:
- Mini video discs
- Micro-audio cassettes
- Beta SP videotape
- 78 RPM records
- Hi-Def Mini DV
- 2 1/4 computer diskettes
- 16mm film
Formats we cannot convert, but if you are in doubt, just ask:
- Sadly, Flip cameras
- 8-track audio cartridges
- 3/4″ and 1″ videotapes
- film with sound
- PAL tapes (usually from overseas)
- Negatives larger than 2 1/4″
NOTE: If you have old VHS tapes of your favorite TV shows or movies you want to convert, we suggest you try to buy the DVD online instead. The quality will be far better and the cost is usually lower than conversion.