Things in the tech world move amazingly quickly. Remember Flip Cameras? So if you have old media that you aren’t sure of, call us or bring it by and we’ll give you the options.
And remember, we can convert to CDs or DVDs, but we recommend digital formats like MP4, MOV, MP3, etc. And we can use one of our flash drives or hard drives or you can bring in your own.
We also post files to Dropbox, WeTransfer, YouTube or Vimeo.
Ordinary formats we convert:
- Video: VHS, VHS-C, 8mm (Hi-8) Video, Mini DV
- Film: 8mm or Super 8mm, 16mm (sorry, no sound)
- Audio: 45s, LPs, cassettes, reel-to-reel
- Photos: Prints (up to 13 x 19), slides and negatives (up to 2 1/4″)
Obscure formats we convert:
- Mini video discs
- Micro-audio cassettes
- Beta SP videotape
- Betamax videotape
- 78 RPM records
- Hi-Def Mini DV
- 2 1/4 computer diskettes
Formats we cannot convert, but if you are in doubt, just ask:
- Sadly, Flip cameras
- 8-track audio cartridges
- 3/4″ and 1″ videotapes
- 8mm film with sound
- PAL tapes (usually from overseas)
- Negatives larger than 2 1/4″
NOTE: If you have old VHS tapes of your favorite TV shows or movies you want to convert, we suggest you try to buy the DVD online instead. The quality will be far better and the cost is usually lower than conversion.